Dates: 06 – 11 JUNE
1. Foundations of Teaching and Learning
- • What are the major theories of learning?
- • Who are the learners?
- • What do they know, feel and do?
- • How do they learn?
Dates: 13 – 18 JUNE
2. Foundations of Teaching Practice
- • How do I engage my learners in a way that is meaningful for them?
- • What are the most effective strategies to promote learning?
Dates: 21 – 27 JUNE
3. Student Assessment
- • Concepts and types of assessment in teaching and learning: formal, informal, diagnostic, formative, and summative;
- • The nature of feedback in improving teaching and learning;
• Guidelines for developing and using assessment procedures; and reporting student achievement.
Dates: 26 JULY – 7 AUGUST
4. Instructional Planning and Presentation
- • Introduction to Long and Short Range Planning
- • Semester Planning
• Term & Lesson Planning • Presentation